What is a BCD?
BCD stands for Board Certified Diplomate, a certificate given by the American Board of Examiners in Clinical Social Work (ABECSW) to Advanced Clinical Social Work practitioners.
In order to become a Board Certified Diplomate, a practitioner must:
- Maintain the highest level of licensure in one’s state of practice
- Have worked at least five years in the field after graduation
- Successfully complete a peer-evaluation review process
- Take at least 40 hours of continuing education courses every two years
- Spend at least 70% of their work time providing Clinical Social Work services
- Adhere to the ABECSW Code of Ethics
- Contribute to the development of other Clinical Social Workers by providing consultation, supervision, education, writing professional literature, or conducting research